Sunday, August 8, 2010

Big Night Out

Lauren was so excited to have dinner out alone with Daddy last night. She told me she was going on a date and insisted on picking out every aspect of our outfit, including her "spinny" dress, shoes, purse and bracelet. Such a girly girl. So stinkin' cute to see them off together.

Photobucket


And where was I? A rare night out to catch up with high school friends, some of whom I had not seen in years (in lieu of a formal 25-year reunion, everyone just met at a local South County tavern). It was the first time I can ever remember Lauren not being upset about me being away from her, and she joyfully posed in my arms.

Photobucket


A really nice evening, with a memorable ending. When I returned home and snuck into her room to give her a kiss good night, she raised her little head and realizing who it was, sleepily exclaimed "Mama!!". Then instantly dropped back onto the pillow and the sweet breath of sleep overtook her. A fine night indeed.

No comments: