The only glitch? When I asked how her class was when I saw her after work on Thursday, she dramatically heaved her shoulders, pursed her lips, and said "Mama, I have to do homework."
Of course I jumped up and down and hooted and hollered like she had just won an Olympic medal, partially because I wanted her to be excited about the prospect of homework, and partially because I actually was excited for her to actually be starting her journey of formal learning.
For now we've decided that Daddy is the official homework helper/supervisor (while she's only currently learning to sound out and write her letters, I figured if we start this tradition now, by the time we get to algebra, she won't even think of asking me to participate).
So father and daughter embarked on their first official homework assignment together this weekend.


Of course all that effort was rewarded with a cupcake capped with pastel pink frosting.
Yes, I'll admit, I'm not above resorting to a little bribery all in the name of education.
No comments:
Post a Comment