Sunday, July 11, 2010

Water Reflections

Our pool guy, Jim (the world's nicest, btw) is always telling me how many of his clients never, and I mean, never use their pools, even in the summertime. In fact, he once conspiratorily confessed that a number of them don't even step foot into their beautifully landscaped backyards, replete with outdoor living rooms, granite-topped barbeque areas, and gorgeous fireplaces.

Say what?? Can you even imagine?

We are most definitely not one of those families.

And as much as I may sometimes gripe about the maintenance, expense, lack of yard space, and other headaches that occasionally accompany being a bona fide pool owner, when the outside temperature hits at least 75 degrees for days in a row and the pool temperature inches toward 80 degrees (ideally, above, if I'm really being honest), you bet your bottom dollar that we'll be splashing, floating, and swimmin' as much as possible.

Lauren, of course, has been diligently practicing her synchronized swimming moves. Witness her single ballet leg:
Photobucket

(Not to worry, the toe point is a work in progress)


As for me, I'm finding nothing better at the end of a summer work day, as the sun is setting and after the babe has gone to sleep, than stretching my dormant swimming muscles for 30 minutes in secluded, almost meditative, silence.
Photobucket


Followed by a soak in the toasty spa, with jets, naturally.
Photobucket

Ah yes, the benefits of owning a pool and spa have definitely been appreciated 'round here, particularly of late. Amazingly restorative, I tell ya.

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Sounds wonderful!! When can I book my room?? ;-) x

Efka said...

I cant believe that someone has pool and wont use it :(

Tara said...

That BAFFLES me!

PS, I feel all relaxed and chilled out just LOOKING at your pool...I can only imagine how wonderful it must feel to actually be in it!