Sunday, July 17, 2011

Best. Weekend. Ever.

How great was special time with our girl this weekend? Sigh. So amazing I didn't want it to end. I'll take you through our day today in pictures (I was trying to figure out how to create collages, but failed miserably, so one by one it is).

After her swim lesson this morning, we headed over to the Great Park since they have a farmers' market every Sunday. I love, love, love wandering amongst farmers market stalls, tasting samples and picking up fresh fare. While it was warm out, we spent a wonderful hour there, eating shaved ice, getting fresh chicken sausages for dinner, and grooving to a live band.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The surprise find of the market? Cupcakes. Yes, that's right. A tiny little stall set up by the Meringue Bake Shop. They don't yet sell anywhere else, only at this farmers' market on Sundays. I'm not a devout cupcake fan, but we tried a few flavors to bring home, and, in the words of Lauren: Best. Cupcake. Ever. Salted caramel, orange creamsicle, and vanilla were the flavors of the day. The frosting was not too sweet and super fluffy (not too thick either), the cake incredibly moist but still firm. Plus they weren't gigantic (a la Sprinkles) so you don't feel completely ill from eating one. I've already decided that will be my single allowable sweet treat each week, so look for me there every Sunday from here on out around 11:30ish.

This afternoon, we did what anyone with a sparkling pool in their backyard would do on a day when the thermometer outside exceeds 80 degrees. We put it to good use.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Following our alfresco dinner, Lauren, freshly showered and in her pjs, still didn't want to sit still. So she put on a poolside performance for me to original songs she made up as she went along.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Anyone who's spent some time with Lauren knows how expressive she really is. This child simply doesn't hold back in how she feels or how she lives her life. I continue to learn from her every single day, and really feel I'm a much more authentic person as a result. Just a few expressions this evening that she allowed me to capture.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


You would think that would be enough for one day, right? Nooooooo. Lauren and I then kept each other thoroughly entertained as the sun lowered in the sky, snapping photos of ourselves for a good 30 minutes while we made faces. We cracked ourselves up so much that Norm could hear us loud and clear from inside the house at the opposite end in the office. My stomach still hurts from the gut-wrenching hysterics.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Oh yes. Going to be difficult to top this weekend. Not that we won't try, though. We love a challenge.

1 comment:

Efka said...

she is a little princess fish :)