Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boy Party

The ongoing celebration of birthdays for kids in Lauren's pre-K class continued last weekend. Jonah's party was held in the JCC gymnasium, so I knew we weren't in for princesses and party dresses. Of course, Lauren really wanted to wear one of her tutu skirts, but after I explained that at a sports party for a boy, she would probably be more comfortable in a t-shirt and leggings, she didn't protest too much.

Following some initial trepidation about participating in the co-ed games (in her defense, boys at this age let loose with a ball are rather wild), once bff Virginia showed up, Lauren enthusiastically hit the gym floor and unleashed her inner bad a**. I'm so not kidding. I'll just let a few photos tell the story.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


After the games, the sweat-soaked kids made their way to the teen room for pizza and, or course, cake.

Photobucket


Which made two little kitty friends very happy indeed.

Photobucket


Another birthday bash is coming up again this Sunday. Stay tuned!

No comments: