I really wanted to host a dinner at my house this year but simply couldn't get everyone together during the week. So we celebrated a few days late on Sunday. Where I could spend most of the day prepping and cooking in a more laid back manner, and we could enjoy a late afternoon meal.
Lauren was excited to play with her cousin Ryan.


It was also great to have Norm and Kathy join the celebration.



Quality time with loved ones is truly the defining element that feeds my soul.



On the menu for dinner?
My mom's special brisket recipe.

Add to that garlic whipped potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar, french green beans with carmelized shallots, and another meat that shall go without specific mention due to its decidedly non-kosher character (hint: it starts with "Honeybaked"), and we were good to sit down to quite the unorthodox Rosh Hashanah meal.

Which concluded with a ridiculously rich chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting (from Nothing Bundt Cakes).

After dinner, we all worked it off by playing with an enormous bunch of balloons my parents and Ryan "borrowed" from a birthday party they had attended that afternoon.
Ring Around the Balloons:


Punch the Balloon Without Maiming Your Opponent:

The late night crowd was then treated to a piano performance for the grand finale (with reserved seating).

Based on the warm and lively atmosphere throughout the afternoon, I would venture to say that our modern New Year's celebration was a resounding success. I, for one, am eager to make it an annual occasion. Only next time with way more family and loved ones all around. I can always dream, right? And while we're on the subject, let's add someone to clean up and wash the dishes...........................................
No comments:
Post a Comment