The entire day on Saturday was devoted to Virginia, who is Lauren's best "kitty meow meow" friend. We picked Virginia (aka Gigi) up at her house in the morning, and she didn't go home until after dinner.
I first took them to The District for a little bowling. Bowlmor lanes is high-tech and high energy, just like these cuties.




[This is them reacting to my strike. Yes, I can send the ball rip-roaring down the lane, grab the camera, and get the shot, all in the span of about 20 seconds. Multi-tasker, baby.]
After our game (not telling who won), we headed to the community area directly below, where an enormous media screen looped teeny bopper videos with its own stage in front. It positively beckoned to these born performers.




I must have let them dance and strut for almost an hour. I don't know who had more fun, them or me. I kept laughing out loud at their antics, so much so that I'm sure at least a few onlookers thought I was a little nutso.
Then it was back to the house for some dress-up and crafting.

Followed by a very special dinner al fresco, where I surprised the girls by setting a festive table with decorations, candles, cloth napkins, and plastic champagne glasses (for juice, of course). We pretended like the girls were at a fancy restaurant and I was their waitress. I printed menus for them to order from (albeit the only option was orange chicken and brown rice for their entree, and cherries and shortbread cookies for dessert).



After tons of meow-meow hugs and kisses, we bid adieu to Gigi. Until next time ......
No comments:
Post a Comment