Sunday, October 11, 2009

Life Rolls On

Last weekend, we attended a benefit in Los Angeles for Life Rolls On, a charity dedicated to helping those with spinal cord injuries. The charity sponsors various events each summer at beaches nationwide, where people with spinal cord injuries are taken surfing. It really empowers them and as we saw from video played at the event, all participants are inspirational as well.

Norm's company participated in the live auction, and one of Norm's friends was one of the benefit's chairmen. We were able to get 4 tickets so I invited my friend Viv and her husband (a fellow surfer). Despite not being fed dinner until after 9 p.m. (when we had to skedaddle to make it home since it was a Sunday night), we still had a good time. Plus any chance I now get to spend with Viv is precious since she is due to give birth to a little boy in just a few weeks, and I know how crazy busy her life will become very soon.

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

Hot Mama!

So happy Lauren is loving her new nanny!